Happy Sunday! Make these quick and easy wraps for a delicious and satisfying lunch!
I love these wraps! The coconut bacon adds the perfect crunch and smokiness and it’s also really easy to make – you basically just toss some coconut flakes with a few flavor bombs and bake it for about 15 minutes.
It’s really important to watch it closely after the 12-minute mark though because it burns quickly. It is equally important to let it cool on the pan once you remove it from the oven as this is when it gets crispy! Once it is completely cool, you can scrape it free with a spatula and store it in a jar.
For the mayo, I really like Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo but a few months ago, I bought Miyoko Schinner’s vegan bible – The Homemade Vegan Pantry – and I’ve been loving her recipe for homemade vegan mayo. So that’s what I used for this recipe, but any store-bought vegan mayo will do.
You could also easily make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free tortillas! I’ve tried THESE and I really like them!
And I’m just going to leave this here because who doesn’t need cute puppy pics in their life? 11-week-old Mila says hi.
- For the coconut bacon:
- 2 cups large, unsweetened coconut flakes (NOT regular shredded coconut)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil
- For the wraps:
- 4 10" tortillas of your choice (I used spinach tortillas)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (I make my own vegan mayo using Miyoko's recipe)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F and toss all of the coconut bacon ingredients on a baking sheet until evenly coated.
- 2. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown, (watch it close so it doesn't burn!) then let it cool on the pan to crisp up. Once cool, scrape free with a spatula.
- 3. Warm your tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- 4. Spread 1 Tablespoon of vegan mayo on the tortilla, then add 1 cup chopped lettuce, 1/4 of the chopped tomato, and drizzle another tablespoon of vegan mayo. Then add 1/2 cup coconut bacon and 1/4 of the avocado. Fold the ends over and roll up like a burrito. Place seam side down and chop in half.
- 5. Repeat with rest of the tortillas and eat right away (or the coconut bacon will get soggy!).