I know cherry season is ending/maybe over but I just had to sneak one cherry recipe in before it’s too late! I love fresh cherries, and this is the perfect recipe to highlight their juicy deliciousness. These are also better for you than your average muffin due to the flax and half whole wheat flour (but they don’t taste like it), so you don’t have to feel THAT guilty about it.
Hopefully you can still find some fresh cherries but if you can’t (or are too lazy to pit 2 cups of fresh cherries), you can always use blueberries, fresh or frozen. I tested both and it was also delicious. This is also a super easy recipe, you literally just mix everything in a bowl and then bake, BAM, done.
Fluffy muffins, juicy cherries, what else can you ask for?
Fluffy, delicious, healthier fresh cherry (or blueberry) muffins! These are super easy to make too, just mix everything in a bowl and bake!
- 3 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other kind of milk, dairy or not)
- 2 cups fresh pitted cherries, or blueberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 F and oil a muffin tin.
- 2. Mix ground flax and water in a bowl and let sit for a couple minutes. Then add the coconut oil and sugar and mix again. Then add the rest of the ingredients except the cherries, and mix again. Then fold in the cherries (or blueberries).
- 3. Then divide batter evenly between muffin cups and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!