These crispy, delicious waffles are just 5 ingredients and you probably already have all of them! If you have oats, sweet potatoes, coconut oil, baking powder and any kind of plant milk, then you are 20 minutes away from crazy delicious waffle glory.
Just throw everything in a blender, pop it on the waffle iron, and bam, healthy, delicious waffles. Feel free to fancy them up however you want, top with chocolate chips, peanut butter or fresh fruit, and definitely finish with a drizzle of maple syrup as they’re not super sweet on their own.
Also, they are refined flour or sugar-free and they’re vegan and gluten-free, so they satisfy EVERYONE with all those crazy diets. Plus it’s basically like eating a bowl of oatmeal so they’re healthy and whatever. So yeah, get on it friends!
These quick and easy waffles are refined flour and sugar free and full of good-for-you ingredients like sweet potato and oats! Naturally vegan and gluten-free, they satisfy all diets.
- 1 1/4 cup oats*
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato**
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil + 2 tsp for coating the waffle iron
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain almond milk or your favorite plant milk
- For Serving:
- Maple syrup
- 1. Heat a Belgian waffle iron to medium high heat.
- 2. Add oats to blender and blend until almost smooth.
- 3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until just smooth.
- 4. Put 1/2 tsp of coconut oil on the iron and flip it back and forth a few times to coat the iron in oil. Then scoop a 1/2 cup of batter to the middle of the waffle iron, close and flip. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- 5. Remove the waffle from the iron with fork and repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with maple syrup!
* You can substitute the oats with about 1 cup of oat flour.
** To make the cooked sweet potato, I simply peeled and chopped a small sweet potato and boiled it until tender, and drained.